The Guild asks that each member make at least one comfort quilt a year. The Guild furnishes fabric and batting for this purpose. You can either turn in a completed quilt, or turn in a quilt top and back to be quilted by other Guild members. Or, if you wish, use your own fabric.
Comfort Quilt Sizes - 40" X 48"
We recommend this size as it is the best use of backing fabric and batting. A 40" wide top will fit the 42"-44" WOF backing fabric without the need for piecing.
- Seams are to be 1/4"
- Press seams to one side
- Tops should be squared and pressed
- Assemble your quilt sandwich by laying the backing, batting and top.
Pin or spray baste layers together.
- Quilt as desired. Our batting recommends a quilting distance of 4", top to bottom
and side to side.
- Apply binding after quilting.
- Apply label (Guild provided).
- Trim all loose threads and remove all basting pins.
**The Guild is always looking for large pieces of fabric that can be used for backing and will gratefully accept all donations.